Friday, January 29, 2010

Painting #4 of 2010


I finished my fourth painting of the year. This is another painting of Park City, UT. I've found landscapes are so much more relaxing. I'm also really excited to learn that I really can paint a little when the kids are up and running around. They're starting to get used to it and leave me alone. Amazing and exciting.

I'm really excited that tonight I'm going with my friend Mari to the Park City Gallery stroll. I just found out the last Friday of every month they have a Gallery stroll from 6-9 pm. I can't wait! Since it's the Sundance Film Festival it's going to be pretty crazy. I'll let you know later who my favorite artists and Galleries are.

I'm starting to wonder what am I going to do with 50+ paintings. And Tara you asked what will I do when I'm on vacation. You've thought it through more than I have. One good thing ( I guess ) is we hardly ever go on vacation. But we do have some planned. I'll have to work extra hard the week before or maybe paint watercolors that week.

I found out my 19 month old son is going to have another surgery, probably next month, on his skull. Poor little buddy. He had a surgery at 7 months and wore a helmet for a year, but it didn't really work. We knew that it might not. We started with the smaller surgery hoping that it might do the trick. He was born with craniosynostosis. That's were the skull fuses too early and causes the head to grow crooked - it's normally suppose to fuse at around 18 months. So he was born with his right side of the skull fused together. They went in at 7 months and took out the fused section to allow his head to grow normally and the helmet was to help it form correctly. Well, he still has no eyebrow bone above his right eye. They are going to create one so his eye can be protected. I've been dreading this. I can't really think about it. We just have to do it. I just hate to think of him going through any pain. But I guess life includes pain - just wish I could take it for him.

1 comment:

  1. I will keep little Jared in my prayers...and for you to feel calm and peace when he is in surgery. Doctors work miracles and I have faith he will be watched over. Such a good momma you are. :)

    ReplyDelete