Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break

We had such a great time this week on our trip to Zion. We stayed three nights and four days and had a wonderful time hiking and swimming. We laughed a bunch and created some wonderful memories. I love my family so much. Life is wonderful because of them. I'll always remember the warm, sunny, funfilled days we spent together.

I did a little sketching and a little watercolor, but I didn't finish anything. But I did do quite a bit of reading this week about the early artist of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. One artist whose painting is on a wall at our church I learned was from Lehi - where I am now living. I think he must be so pleased to know his painting hangs on a wall in the town he grew up in. But he must be dissappointed that the people who attend that church don't know anything about him. I learned in a book I'm reading called "Harvesting the Light" that James Taylor Harwood was one of a few early church members that were called as art missionaries. The church helped fund art training in Paris for two years and after they came back prepared to paint the walls of the Salt Lake Temple. I would love to have been able to study as an art missionary. The greatest honor I could imagine is to have a painting in a Temple.

This week I entered a painting in the Springville Art Museum's Spring Salon. They only accept a small percentage of the paintings. My sweet 10 year old son said, "Don't let it break your heart if they don't accept it. It's really good Mom". I was so proud of his sweet protective love. It's so great to see your kids start to mature and become very thoughtful and caring. I will know on the 20th of this month if it was accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment