Friday, April 2, 2010

My Lord My God


This week since it was Easter I wanted to paint Christ. I knew the time spent painting Him would give me time to think of all He did for me. I hoped He wouldn't mind my lack of experience in painting - but I realized He loves us and accepts us with all our weaknesses. If anything I could feel Him helping me.

I'm rethinking this goal for the year. This painting is still unfinished. I'm going to try to finish it tonight, but I'm not feeling well. I think I may post each week what I have done in the last week. I think I will enjoy painting more and not feel so stressed about finishing one. Some paintings take more time and some weeks are more crazy than others. The whole purpose of my goal was to get me actively painting, to overcome my fear of trying to paint perfectly and to gain experience and learn - I am doing that! I just read a quote that said something like, it's more important to paint well than to paint fast. I want to paint well.
If there are any objections I'd like to hear your argument.

So here's my unfinished painting of Christ. I love Him and I'm so thankful that He died for me and gave me a chance to repent and become clean in this life. He brings me hope and joy in life. Now my little buddy, that I'm so thankful Heavenly Father sent me, needs me. And he's more important than painting,

No comments:

Post a Comment