Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Day after the 4th

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We did! Some friends in the neighborhood invited us over and we had a nice dinner. This is the first 4th we've spent here where it was actually a little chilly.

We sat out on a friends lawn and watched Thanksgiving Points fireworks on July 3rd. It was cozy. Here in Utah the main celebrations were on Saturday since the 4th was on Sunday this year. It makes me wonder if any other states did the same.

Sunday morning, the 4th, we went to church. My husband mentioned how there was no flag in our front yard. Usually the boy scouts put a flag in every yard on national holidays. It's so nice. We we arrived at church we realized why. There were over 30 flags on the lawn around the church. It was so beautiful! It made me feel like crying. It felt so symbolic of the love I feel for my country and the love I feel for God - the two bound together make it so much more meaningful. We have so much to be thankful for to be citizens of this great country and we need to return that thanks to the giver of all our blessing - our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ.

I was thinking of all the things I love about July - long days, sweet watermelon, swimming at the pool, getting together as a family to watch fireworks, barbeques, the smell of freshly cut grass, lavender flowers in bloom, and gorgeous sunsets. I miss the lightening bugs that we used to see this time of year in Virginia.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment