Friday, March 25, 2011

A Colorful Life


Tonight, March 25,2011, there's a three man show at Montomery-Lee Fine Art in Park City, Utah - 608 Main St. "Celebration of the figure" with works by Trent Gudmundsen, Mike Malm and Keith Larson. 6-9 pm.

You are guaranteed to enjoy the works of these incredible figurative artist. Maybe you've seen prints of their works or pictures of the originals, but there's nothing like seeing an original with your own eyes. The difference is like talking to someone with a webcam or face to face. I've noticed in original paintings there is life to them. You can see the strokes of the artist, you can appreciate the intermingling or colors, and you notice something new every time.

Ever since I started collecting original artwork I've had a hard time to enjoy anything else on my walls. I love the feeling that emanates from them and I can feel the unique creative spirit of the artist in my home. If you don't have an original piece of art in your home I challenge you to begin and look for one. When you find one you love, and can afford, you will never regret it and it will be something that will be a part of your home. As I grew up my parents purchased original artwork when they could and the other day I was unpacking a box at their house since they were moving, and I found a beautiful little landscape that I remember from when I was very young. I didn't realize until now that it was an original. I just liked how it made me feel.

So start tonight. The last Friday of each month is the gallery stroll in Park City. It's wonderful! You can go from gallery to gallery and see what you love. There is even refreshments. Doesn't cost a thing.

Create a more colorful life by finding a little (or big) treasure that belongs in your life. I have found something I love for as little as $5. You'll enjoy the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment