Friday, March 26, 2010

Rainy Sunday Morning


This week I got my new brushes and they are so awesome. They really do make a difference. But they don't make the colors right. I repainted Jared's face so many times and with so many different colors and now I'm going to settle with what I've done - and save it to work on some more on a "rainy" day.

I talked to my photographer friend, Rachel Rehart, and she helped me realize how that my biggest difficulty is the photo I'm painting from. You can't really see the skin tones at all. So I've really learned a lesson about what pictures to choose. She taught me quite a bit about lighting and now I'm excited to start something that will be so much easier.

This painting is starting to grow on me though. It's funny because a couple weeks after I've struggled with a painting and when I haven't felt very happy about the outcome I find that I really like it so much better. I think it's because I'm so hard on myself as I'm painting and seeing all the flaws.

This last week Jared keeps trying to talk to me about the painting of him. It's so cute. He's so interested. He even took a pencil and added a couple of his own touches to it. I don't think my little painting corner is going to be safe for much longer. He's picking up brushes and wanting to paint. I was hoping he would grow up used to the idea that it's mommy's corner and he has to leave it alone - fat chance.

So here's my sweet sweet Jared.
So here is my sweet Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment