Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Working on portrait


This time I thought I'd show what I'm working on before it's finished. I'm painting a portrait of my daughter. I was going to paint the underlayer red so the black on her coat was not so flat, but now I'm really considering leaving the coat red.

It's been a crazy week. I finished my last painting on Friday. Saturday night my baby got sick. He threw up on my husband first and then on me. Sunday was spent trying to recover from being up all night. I sure missed going to church. It's always such a good beginning to the week (or ending, however you look at it).
Then on Monday my oldest son was sick - fever and no energy. So this morning he comes in shaking from nightmares (He always has bad dreams when he's sick). It always freaks me out when he's had a nightmare. Sometimes he talks in his sleep about it.

Then I moved my six year old out of my bed to let him sleep in my bed and she started to cry and say she doesn't feel good. Since my oldest is snoring in my bed now I decided to get up. I haven't been feeling well for the last three days either.

Today my parents are coming to town and I've got a bunch to do and don't want to get them sick. But this is life. Things hardly ever go as planned do they?
I hope I can still finish this painting this week. I have one more son who hasn't been sick yet.

I keep telling myself, little by little is how things get done. Especially here. I just have to stay focused.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis I've been thinking about starting to h2o color some more. But I have been reading various books lately, more than I ever have and use to say that the books represented wasted time when I could be living myself instead of reading someone elses life but it seems to have changed for me at this time and find time is not as slow as it use to be....so I will need to decide which it will be. Can't wait to see the next finished masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bro! Thanks for your comments and following my blog I do need to get a beanie hat. Love you!

    ReplyDelete