Thursday, March 11, 2010

Leave us Alone


This is another painting of a mother and daughter from my church. It was the fourth of July and we were at the park doing the yearly breakfast and waterslide down the hill. Too little to be sliding, this little girl was snuggled up on her mom's lap, enjoying their cozy time. When I went to take her picture she gave me this look that I loved. She just wanted to be alone with mom, but was putting up with the crowd of kids and grownups that had been sliding for way too long.

I love to see little toddlers and children when they are snuggled up in their mother's or father's arms. They feel safe to look around and take in all the things that are going on around them - until someone comes and takes their picture that is.

I had fun doing this one. Yes this is the missing painting that is on the other side of the mother and daughter portrait. And you're right Tara, two for one is a pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment