Friday, March 19, 2010

Rainy Sunday Morning


I was so excited about this painting of Jared. He was all dressed for church and as I was getting ready to go I found him sitting in the window with a book in his hand. We rarely have rain and he would look at the book and then look out at the rain. It was so cute.

But this week I've really struggled with the skin tones. The photo of Jared was really dark and the background was very light. I jokingly pleaded for help on facebook and actually got some good advice from my old art teacher in Virginia - Rieneke Leenders. She suggested I print it a few stops lighter to see the skin tones better. Makes sense.

So for the first time this year I didn't finish my weekly painting by Friday. I think this one will take one more week. But here's a peek.

1 comment:

  1. hey I h2o colored today at Penrose State Park 10 months since my last attempt. We Irene Andrea and I went there for a beach walk and lunch and reading and painting. It was 65 today. I compared it to my most recent attempts and ,well you need to do it more than once every 10 months to improve.... You are doing a great job!!! If you can recognize the person in the painting then I think you are on the mark. One more painting to go.... and then another , and another and..... Love Steve your biggest Fan (at close to xxx hudred pounds) ( clearing my throat uh hum)

    ReplyDelete