Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Waiting for supplies

This week I'm working on the other side of the Mother and daughter portrait. I ordered some paint brushes over 10 days ago and I'm still waiting on them. It sounds like it will be another week. It's hard to do fine details with bad brushes - or am I making excuses. I guess we'll see when I get the brushes.

My Mom & Dad really liked the painting of the cows. I haven't signed any of my paintings yet. My Mom asked me if there's some type of pen you can sign paintings with. I don't know. That would be nice. I'm going to try to find out.

I'm still enjoying painting but it seems like my painters high is wearing off a little. I'm not sure why, but I'm going to keep plugging along because I'm know when you have a goal it's not always exciting. I wish I could be taking a class. It's so fun to get together with other artists. I do enjoy the facebook artists I have become friends with. But sometimes I feel pretty alone. I was so excited when my neighbor showed me a painting she's been working on. We really need to get together and paint.

Until Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey auntie! I am really enjoying seeing all the pics of the paintings you are doing. Keep up the amazing work. Your painters "high" could be rubbing off because you made your joy in life, into a have to and you may feel stressed to have to live to "producing" every week. I set a goal to read a book a week...yeah, not happening with two jobs. Maybe you should strive for one painting a month...then you could make a calendar! :) That may take away some of the pressure to have a painting out for the world to see. Regardless, I love seeing what you come up with. Still need to find some puppy pics for you to try to paint. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete