Thursday, June 24, 2010

Doubt not, Fear not

This morning I woke up early determined to have a little quiet time by myself to work on my painting. As I headed downstairs I realized my 9 and 11 year old boys had beat me to it. They were laughing and playing on the computer - so much for quiet time. So I decided to go get my walk in for the day before it gets to hot and I'll try to paint later when my 2 year old naps.

As I went for a walk I really enjoyed the crisp morning air. My 9 year old is such a sweet boy. I love to take him for a walk with me to get him out of the house. I was noticing yesterday as I went for a walk how pessimistic I've been. I've been struggling for so long with my weight and being worried about money and trying to figure out how to make more money. I'm 46, a mother of four children the youngest 2 years old. I have a college degree but I feel so strongly that I need to be home with my youngest children that my only option seems to be child care. It's not what I dream of doing but it could allow my my dream of being home with my children.
I don't believe that God sent me these children to have someone else raise them. So, I realize I need a change of attitude. The scriptures say, "Doubt not, fear not, but be believing..." I have been so full of doubt and fear that I haven't felt much peace for a long time. Today I decided I'm going to try to live this day without doubt, without fear and believing that Heavenly Father wants me to be happy and will help me reach the dreams He's planted in my heart.

So doubt not, fear not!

No comments:

Post a Comment